Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Again, another recipe I found in a magazine, but it was just so dang good I had to share it!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla, and egg yolk with wire whisk until well blended.
- In separate bowl, mix remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Flatten each bread slice with a rolling pin.
- Spread 1 side of each slice evenly with 1 rounded tablespoon of cream cheese mixture. Starting at the short end, tightly roll up.
- Brush each roll with butter; roll in reserved cinnamon-sugar.
- Slice each roll into 3 pieces.
- Place each piece, seam-side down, on baking sheet. Bake 12 - 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Serve immediately.
This was not only sounded wonderfuly delish. It was DELISH. The family loved it. It was also very simple to make as well. I will be making this again.