Recipe by shawnajean
Kids love these.
Top Review by joanna_giselle
These were very nice if a bit sweet. They were wonderful fresh out of the oven but not so nice after a few hours so 4 stars.I also had trouble rolling up the bread slices till I realised that you HAVE to flatten them with the rolling pin or they won't curl but just crack instead. Still these would be a very handy thing to have in the freezer for a kiddie friendly snack.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Mix cream cheese, 1/4 cup of the sugar, vanilla and egg yolk with wire whisk until well blended. In separate bowl, mix remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Flatten each bread slice with rolling pin. Spread 1 side of each side evenly with 1 rounded tablespoons cream cheese mixture. Starting at short end, tightly roll up. Brush each roll with butter; roll in reserved cinnamon-sugar. Slice each roll into 3 pieces.
- Place each piece, seam-side down, on baking sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minute or until edges are lightly browned. Serve immediately.
- For an extra special treat, baked rolls can be dipped halfway into melted dipping chocolate.
- For Freezing: Freeze uncooked on cookie sheet for 30 minutes, and then put in plastic bags. When ready to bake remove from bag and place on cookie sheet and bake frozen for about 10 to 15 minutes.