Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I'll bet this brings back lots of wonderful memories!
- 2 slices white bread
- 4 teaspoons butter (or as desired)
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a small bowl combine the sugar with cinnamon.
- Toast the bread to desired doneness, then spread with 2 teaspoon butter over each slice (or use as much butter as desired).
- Sprinkle the sugar/cinnamon mix generously over each slice.
I didn't have cinnamon toast before,but I sure enjoyed it. Perfect for having something different for breakfast. Thanks for sharing.
This brings back memories. My Mother would butter the bread and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and put it under the broiler until the cinnamon-sugar and butter were completely melted and the edges of the toast were crispy. Mmmm.....
Oh, wow! This does bring back memories of WWII. When I was little this was a snack my mom and grandmother would make for me. We had sweets for dessert after our meal, but not for snacking like the kids today, so this was what we had. It was sweet and tasted so good. They did not put cinnamon on it, just sugar with the butter. Yum! Kittencal, thanks for bringing back those wonderful memories with this recipe.