Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
taken from a magazine called Chatelaine
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 tea bags, orange pekoe if possible
- 1 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup rum
- orange slice
- Boil cinnamon stick in 3 cups water.
- Remove from heat and add tea bags.
- Let steep 5 minutes.
- Remove and discard tea bags and stick.
- Stir in orange juice, rum and honey.
- Serve warm, garnished with orange slices.
It's almost Oct, we have golden leaves on the ground and evenings with a nip. This was well enjoyed as DH and I watched Pirates of the Caribbean last night after dinner. I replaced the honey with Splenda but, for us, that is a given thing and in no way deterred the warm perfection of this marvelous drink.
This is a lovely drink that would be great on a cold winter night, also would be a drink to serve at a winter holiday party. But it was in the 80's and we still enjoyed it while watching a pre-season football game - a sorta of warm up on all counts - lol!
this is lovely it is warm and comforting i only used a little rum since im a lite weight used captain morgan spiced dark rum it goes perfect try this one zaar world tour 8