Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- In small pan, combine sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon.
- Stir in appler cide and lemon juice.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in margarine until it melts.
- Serve hot over delicious waffles!
This syrup is easy and delicious, but I would disagree that it's great on pumpkin waffles, because it has such a distinctive flavor of its own, it sort of covers up the pumpkin flavor. I think it would be best served on plain pancakes or waffles.
Good syrup. Mine didn't thicken much but, it could just be the chef! Defintiely worth trying again!
This syrup is really good! At first I thought it was too sweet so I added another teaspoon of cinnamon. It came out perfect when I did that. I prefer this syrup rather than maple syrup. I would have never come up with a recipe like this on my own. Thanks for sharing Taylor!