Recipe by Theresa P
A moist, cinnamon Bundt cake, with a warm cinnamon syrup soaked in. Very easy to make, so GOOD to eat!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- cinnamon syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Coat a 10" bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Stir dry ingredients together; set aside.
- Beat shortening until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and vanilla, continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating for at least one minute after each addition.
- Add flour and milk alternatley to creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cake rest for 10 minutes before turning out of pan.
- While cake is still warm, poke holes around cake (with skewer or large tined meat fork.)
- For Cinnamon Syrup:.
- Combine all syrup ingredients and heat gently until butter melts (do not boil).
- Pour WARM syrup over WARM cake.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Let cake cool. Serve and ENJOY.