Recipe by Chef TraceyMae
It's almost as easy as watching them make cinnamon rolls at Cinna-bon. But you make these yourself, and you make yourself proud!
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sift flour and salt in bowl, cut in shortening until mixture is like cornmeal.
- Remove 1 cup to bowl; blend with milk to form paste. (Don't try to smooth).
- Add paste to shortening; mix enough to hold pastry together.
- Put dough on dusted, floured surface and knead lightly.
- Roll into a rectangular shape (10" x 18"); sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Dot with butter.
- Roll lengthwise and seal edge.
- Place on greased sheet, edge-side down and bake for 12-15 minutes.