2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 45 mins
Cinnamon Swirl Sour Cream, Maple Cream Cheese, Strawberry and Bacon Breakfast Cupcakes Recipe courtesy: Hollis Wilder Show: Cupcake Wars Episode: George and Ann Lopez Charity Golf Tournament Recipe Categories: Meat, Bacon, Fruit, Strawberry, Cheese, more Dish: Cupcake Herbs & Spices: Cinnamon
My Private Note
mini cu ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces salted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, loosely packed
MAPLE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 1 lb cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons maple butter or 4 tablespoons creamed honey
- 4 ounces strawberry jelly
- 1/4 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and finely diced
MAPLE-GLAZED TURKEY BACON
- 1 (12 ounce) package turkey bacon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup maple sugar
- 1Preheat the oven to 325°F Line a mini cupcake or muffin pan with 24 mini cupcake liners or a regular-size cupcake or muffin pan with 9 cupcake liners.
- 2Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a medium-size bowl. Set the bowl aside.
- 3In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar together, about 5 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and then add the vanilla and one egg at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition. Turn the mixer to lowest speed, and add the flour mixture and sour cream, alternating between the 2, beginning and ending with the flour.
- 4Mix the cinnamon and brown sugar together in a small bowl and fold by hand into the batter. Do not fully mix into the batter,it should be swirled inches.
- 5Fill 24 mini cupcake liners 1/2-full with batter and bake for 30 minutes or fill 9 regular-size cupcake liners 3/4-full with batter and bake for 32 minutes, or until golden and baked through. Cool the cupcakes completely.
- 6MAPLE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:.
- 7Whip the cream cheese and maple butter in the bowl of the electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment until fully incorporated. Fold in by hand, the jelly and fresh strawberries. Put the frosting into a pastry bag and cut 1/2-inch off the tip.
- 8Yield: approximately 2 3/4 cups.
- 9MAPLE-GLAZED TURKEY BACON:.
- 10Cook the bacon on the stove top in 2 nonstick skillet coated with olive oil spray, over medium heat, turning once, making sure the bacon is fully cooked. Turn the heat down and divide the maple syrup between the 2 skillets, drizzle the syrup over the bacon. Continue to cook, turning the bacon often, watching closely that the syrup does not burn. You want the bacon to be coated with the syrup and caramelized, but not soggy. Let cool.
- 11Yield: approximately 2 cups.
- 12TO ASSEMBLE:.
- 13Generously frost the top of each cupcake with the MAPLE CREAM CHEESE mixture. Chop the MAPLE-GLAZED TURKEY BACON into a fine dice and divide evenly among the cupcakes, sprinkling over the frosting. Sprinkle the maple sugar on top of the bacon to resemble "sand".
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Swirl Sour Cream, Maple Cream Cheese, Strawberry and Ba
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.1
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 80.7 mg
- Sodium 428.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 23.6 g
- Protein 4.9 g