Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is great if you like the ingredients! I copied this from somewhere and had it on a recipe card. NOT a diet recipe!
- 453.59 g cinnamon raisin bread
- 946.0 ml milk
- 3 eggs
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml vanilla extract
- 14.79 ml butter
- heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Tear bread into 2" pieces, drop into a large mixing bowl and pour the milk over it.
- Toss gently until bread is coated.
- Let bread soak about 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs together with sugar until mixture is light yellow, smooth and thick.
- Add vanilla extract and pour this mixture over the milk soaked bread.
- Gently but thoroughly mix together until bread is evenly coated with the egg mixture.
- Transfer to a buttered 9" X 13" X 2" baking dish and place uncovered in another pan containing 1-2 inches of water.
- If you like a crusty top, dot with pats of butter.
- Place these dishes in the oven and bake until set, when a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Serve with some heavy cream!
very easy to prepare. definitely serve with either vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. i added yellow raisins to this recipe. tastes best right out of the oven...yum!
This was a faboulously moist and flavorful bread pudding. Simple ingredients and instructions...very easy to do "on the fly". This is deffinately something i will repeat.
I used cinnamon raisin bread I made and sliced it a bit thicker than breads you buy. I also added 1 extra egg as I like it really "custardy." I also added a light sprinkle of cinnamon to the top and a dash of nutmeg to the top as well. My dad and I are the big bread pudding monsters in the family and serving with heavy cream is British in origin. We both loved it and dad being Scottish adored it! Thank you for a keeper!