Recipe by Oolala
This is great if you like the ingredients! I copied this from somewhere and had it on a recipe card. NOT a diet recipe!
- 1 (16 ounce) cinnamon raisin bread
- 1 quart milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Tear bread into 2" pieces, drop into a large mixing bowl and pour the milk over it.
- Toss gently until bread is coated.
- Let bread soak about 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs together with sugar until mixture is light yellow, smooth and thick.
- Add vanilla extract and pour this mixture over the milk soaked bread.
- Gently but thoroughly mix together until bread is evenly coated with the egg mixture.
- Transfer to a buttered 9" X 13" X 2" baking dish and place uncovered in another pan containing 1-2 inches of water.
- If you like a crusty top, dot with pats of butter.
- Place these dishes in the oven and bake until set, when a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Serve with some heavy cream!