Recipe by Lane
I have been experimenting with bread machine recipes; and this has to be the BEST yet. I love it! Wonderful warm from the oven or toasted.
Top Review by KLV
This was great! I make cinnamon buns or raisin bread for our Sunday morning breakfasts and this combined the two. My kids love it. I did cut back on the cinnamon though - more like 3 teaspoons instead of 3 tablespoons. I also didn't do the egg white and sugar thing at the end - enough sugar in the filling for us anyway. Thank you! This bread will become part of our family breakfasts!
- 1 large egg, room temperature plus
- 59.14 ml milk
- 177.44 ml water
- 59.14 ml softened butter
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 828.06 ml bread flour
- 9.85 ml active dry yeast
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 78.07 ml butter, melted and cooled
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 14.78 ml cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- 7.39 ml sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Put milk and egg into measuring cup.
- Add enough tepid water to make 1 cup.
- Pour into bread machine pan.
- Add the softened butter, 1/3 cup sugar, salt, bread flour and yeast.
- Set bread machine to dough cycle.
- Add raisins at the beep.
- Remove the dough at the end of the dough cycle.
- Roll dough to 10x12 rectangle.
- Brush egg white on surface of dough.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar.
- Sprinkle over dough; leaving about 1 inch on each edge.
- Roll from short side.
- Pinch where it meets and roll ends under.
- Place in loaf pan.
- Cover with cloth and let rise for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Once the dough has risen, brush top with egg white and sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar.
- Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes.