Prep 3 hrs
Cook 35 mins
I have been experimenting with bread machine recipes; and this has to be the BEST yet. I love it! Wonderful warm from the oven or toasted.
- Put milk and egg into measuring cup.
- Add enough tepid water to make 1 cup.
- Pour into bread machine pan.
- Add the softened butter, 1/3 cup sugar, salt, bread flour and yeast.
- Set bread machine to dough cycle.
- Add raisins at the beep.
- Remove the dough at the end of the dough cycle.
- Roll dough to 10x12 rectangle.
- Brush egg white on surface of dough.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar.
- Sprinkle over dough; leaving about 1 inch on each edge.
- Roll from short side.
- Pinch where it meets and roll ends under.
- Place in loaf pan.
- Cover with cloth and let rise for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Once the dough has risen, brush top with egg white and sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar.
- Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes.
This was great! I make cinnamon buns or raisin bread for our Sunday morning breakfasts and this combined the two. My kids love it. I did cut back on the cinnamon though - more like 3 teaspoons instead of 3 tablespoons. I also didn't do the egg white and sugar thing at the end - enough sugar in the filling for us anyway. Thank you! This bread will become part of our family breakfasts!
Good bread and I will be making again. The kids really liked it. I had gaps from the rolling, however. Perhaps I didn't roll it tight enough. Next time I'll roll tighter and see if that helps. I also put into 2 loaf pans, and gave one away. Looks nice with the sugary crust.
THE BEST!! I put it on the dough setting then pull it roll it thin. i melt the butter and add the cinnamon and sugar. Then smear it an the dough, roll it up and slice it about 1 inch thick. place them on a small cookie sheet, i put extra butter, cin & sugar on the top, let them double and bake! we make these about once a month.