1/3 Photos of Cinnamon Swirl Raisin Bread(Cook's Country)
4 hrs 15 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
You will need a spray bottle filled with water for this recipe. Whole milk is best in the dough, although low-fat milk will work; skim milk will make the bread too dry. Do not add raisins for the cinnamon swirl version. **I let my dough rise the second time in the fridge, then took it out in the morning for an hour before baking. It did tale a little longer in the oven because of this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Filling/Topping: Combine the ingredients in a small bowl ,breaking up any clumps. Cover till needed.
- 2Dough: Spray a large bowl with cooking spray. Whisk milk, melted butter, and yolks in a measuring cup. Mix 1/4 cup of the cinnamon mixture, sugar, yeast, flour, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook. Turn mixer to low and slowly add the milk mixture. After dough comes together increase speed to medium and mix the dough until smooth and comes away from the bowl(About 5-6 minutes). If dough seems too sticky, add up to 1/4 cup more flour during kneading. Turn out onto an unfloured surface. Knead in the raisins by hand until evenly distributed. Form into a smooth round ball, and place in a greased bowl, turning to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for about an hour, or until doubled. (Do not place in warm oven or sugar in dough will melt.).
- 3Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray. On a lightly floured surface, press dough into a 20 x 8 inch rectangle, with the short side facing you. Using a spray bottle filled with water, lightly spray the dough evenly. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the cinnamon sugar over the dough, leaving a 2 inch border along the top to seal. Lightly spray the cinnamon sugar with the water until damp but not wet(this is to seal the sugar to the bare dough on both sides). Roll up from the edge nearest you, and ending at the sugarless end. Pinch to seal. Place in the loaf pan seam side down. Let rise another 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- 4Adjust oven rack to middle position, and heat oven to 350 degrees. Melt remaining butter and brush over top of dough. Sprinkle with remaining sugar, and bake until top is deep brown and internal temperature is 185 to 190 degrees, about 45 to 60 minutes. Turn bread out and cool on wire rack before slicing. ( can be kept in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature.).
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Swirl Raisin Bread(Cook's Country)
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.3
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 89.0 mg
- Sodium 463.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 23.2 g
- Protein 9.9 g