Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
The flavor and texture of this bread is so delicious! The glaze adds a nice touch.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons milk
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and remaining sugar.
- Combine buttermilk, egg and oil in separate bowl; stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Pour half of the batter into pan; sprinkle with half of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Carefully spread with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar; swirl knife through batter.
- Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the ceter comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine glaze ingredients and drizzle over bread.
I made this today and found that the cooking time was less than needed. I actually need 70 min for it to be done on the inside but it was slightly burnt on the edges. The icing just melted into the loaf but that didn't matter. Overall a wonderful tasting recipe! Bringing it to work tomorrow!
I just made this bread and it was amazing!!! I followed the recipe to the T but I also added raisins. The cook time was closer to 70 minutes (I used a dark loaf pan). This is my new go-to recipe.
I made this yesterday. I made a little change and added some chopped pecans to the sugar/cinnamon mixture. I gave the bread away, so I didn't get to taste it. I was told that it was delicious. :) Thank you for posting this recipe!