3 hrs 40 mins
I found this in an old Taste of Home magazine I had.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups pears, chopped and peeled
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, plus
- 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 3 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110 to 115)
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 10 -11 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1Combine the pears, 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of sugar in a saucepan. Simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes or until tender.
- 2Drain well, but reserve the syrup. Add cold water, if necessary, to syrup to measure 1 cup; set aside.
- 3In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add 1 tsp sugar; let stand for 10 minutes.
- 4Add eggs, butter, honey, salt, almond extract, 4 cups of flour and reserved pears and syrup. Beat until smooth.
- 5Add enough of the remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface, knead for 6-8 minutes, or until smooth and elastic.
- 6Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 1/4 hours, or until doubled.
- 7Punch dough down, divide into thirds. Roll each portion into a 16 x 8 inch rectangle. Combine cinnamon and 3/4 cup sugar, sprinkle over dough within 1/2 inch of edges.
- 8Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seams to seal.
- 9Place seam side down, in 3 greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 10Bake 375 for 20 minutes, and then cover loosely with foil. Bake 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until bread tests done.
- 11Let loaves cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Swirl Pear Bread
Serving Size: 1 (2752 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2512.1
- Calories from Fat 377
- Total Fat 41.9 g
- Saturated Fat 22.2 g
- Cholesterol 363.3 mg
- Sodium 1879.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 479.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.2 g
- Sugars 149.1 g
- Protein 55.3 g