Recipe by Witch Doctor
Here's something that will get your taste buds drooling in the morning! Just smelling these Loaves baking will whet your appetite.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 (16 ounce) package hot roll mix
- 1 cup very warm water (120 to 130 degrees F.)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, and raisins in a small mixing bowl; set aside.
- Combine flour mixture and yeast from hot roll mix in a large mixing bowl, mixing well. Add water, butter, and egg; stir well.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Cover and let rest 5 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a 13 x 8 inch rectangle. Sprinkle each rectangle with half of the reserved sugar mixture. Beginning at a narrow edge, roll up dough; press firmly to eliminate air pockets. Pinch edges to seal. Place loaves, seam side down, in 2 greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 3 inch loafpans. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85 degreesF), free from drafts, 20 minutes or until dough is doubled in bulk.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes or until loaves sound hollow when tapped. Remove from pans, and let cool on wire racks.
- Slice loaves, and serve.