Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe comes from the Watkins website.When I was making it,there didn't seem like there would be enough batter but it rose perfectly.This is one of the tastiest loaves I have made,very moist and simple to put together.Mine took 1 hour to bake in a convection oven.
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 414.03 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 7.39 ml cinnamon
- Combine sour cream and baking soda;allow to work while mixing rest of ingredients.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients and mix alternately with sour cream into batter mixture.
- In a separate bowl,mix cinnamon and brown sugar.
- In a greased loaf pan,alternate a third of the batter with a third of the cinnamon filling;repeat.
- Swirl with a knife.
- Bake at 350F for 1 - 1 1/2 hours.
This loaf is very delicious. I like the fact that it makes only one loaf. Not that I wouldn't like to eat two. I used Penzeys cinnamon and butter, not margarine. Baked the first 30 minutes at regular bake and then switched to convection for 35 more minutes and it was perfect. Thank you.
Great cake!! Very moist and rich. In answer to Chef's question, the amount is listed in step 6. Hope this helps!!! Thanks LuuvBunny for a great recipe!!!!!
This sounds great BUT how much brown sugar and cinnamon go into this recipe?