Recipe by LuuvBunny
This recipe comes from the Watkins website.When I was making it,there didn't seem like there would be enough batter but it rose perfectly.This is one of the tastiest loaves I have made,very moist and simple to put together.Mine took 1 hour to bake in a convection oven.
Top Review by Curlee
This loaf is very delicious. I like the fact that it makes only one loaf. Not that I wouldn't like to eat two. I used Penzeys cinnamon and butter, not margarine. Baked the first 30 minutes at regular bake and then switched to convection for 35 more minutes and it was perfect. Thank you.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sour cream and baking soda;allow to work while mixing rest of ingredients.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients and mix alternately with sour cream into batter mixture.
- In a separate bowl,mix cinnamon and brown sugar.
- In a greased loaf pan,alternate a third of the batter with a third of the cinnamon filling;repeat.
- Swirl with a knife.
- Bake at 350F for 1 - 1 1/2 hours.