1/1 Photo of Cinnamon Swirl Loaf
1 hr 45 mins
A perfect breakfast treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large mixer bowl combine 3 1/2 cups of the flour and the yeast.
- 2In saucepan heat milk, 1/2 cup sugar, shortening, and salt just till warm (115-120°), stirring constantly to melt shortening. Add to dry mixture in mixer bowl; add eggs. Beat at low speed with electric mixer for 1/2 minute, scraping sides of bowl constantly. Beat 3 minutes at high speed.
- 3By hand, stir in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderately soft dough. Turn out on lightly floured surface and knead till smooth and elastic (5 to 8 minutes). Shape into a ball. Place in lightly greased bowl, turning once to grease surface.
- 4Cover; let rise in warm place till double (about 1 hour). Punch dough down; turn out on lightly floured surface. Divide in half. Cover, let rest 10 minutes. Roll each half into a 15 x 7-inch rectangle. Brush entire surface with water.
- 5Combine the 1/2 cup sugar and the ground cinnamon. Spread each rectangle with half the sugar-cinnamon mixture. Roll dough up as for jelly-roll, beginning with narrow side. Seal long edge and ends. Place, sealed edge down, in 2 greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pans. Cover and let rise in warm place till almost double (35 to 45 minutes).
- 6Bake at 375° till done, 35-45 minutes. (If crust browns too quickly, cover with foil last 15 minutes of baking.) Remove bread from pans and cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Swirl Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.0
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 30.7 mg
- Sodium 315.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 7.7 g