1/6 Photos of Cinnamon-Swirl Egg Bread
3 hrs 25 mins
A tasty sweet bread. Good served for a special breakfast or brunch, like Christmas morning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine 2 cups of the flour and the yeast.
- 2In a saucepan heat and stir milk, 3 T.
- 3sugar, margarine and salt until warm and margarine almost melts.
- 4Add to flour mixture along with eggs.
- 5Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly.
- 6Beat on high speed for 3 minutes.
- 7Using a spoon, stir in as much remaining flour as you can.
- 8Turn out onto a lightly floured surface.
- 9Knead in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderate stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6 to 8 minutes total).
- 10Shape into a ball.
- 11Place in a lightly greased bowl; turn once to grease surface.
- 12Cover and let rise in a warm place until double.
- 13Punch dough down.
- 14Turn out onto a lightly floured surface.
- 15Divide in half.
- 16Cover and let rise 10 minutes.
- 17Roll each half of dough into a 12 x 7 inch rectangle.
- 18Brush lightly with water.
- 19Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- 20Sprinkle half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture over each rectangle.
- 21Roll up from one of the short sides.
- 22Seal edge and ends.
- 23Place, seam side down, in greased loaf pans.
- 24Cover and let rise until double.
- 25Bake in a 375 F oven for 25- 30 minutes or till done.
- 26Cover loosely during the last 10 to 15 minutes of baking, if necessary.
- 27Remove from pans; cool.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon-Swirl Egg Bread
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.6
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 46.8 mg
- Sodium 187.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 8.7 g