Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I have had this recipe for a long time, but just made it recently and I have a feeling I will be making it often. My DH loved it! It is like a big gooey cinnamon roll baked in a pan. Yummy!
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 (18 ounce) packagepillsbury cinnamon swirl cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 16 ounces confectioners' sugar (3 3/4 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- Cover bottom of pan with chopped pecan. Then spread coconut over the pecans.
- In a mixing bowl mix Cinnamon Swirl Cake according to dirctions on box but add 1 teaspoons cinnamon to the cake mix.
- Add cinnamon swirl packet to cake mix but start and stop your mixer 6-7 times.
- Pour cake mixtire over coconut and pecans.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together soft margarine, cream cheese, confectioners sugar and 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Drop by spoonfuls in dollups on top of cake batter. Take a knife and run it through the cream cheese mixture a little bit to swirl the top of the cake, but not too much! You still want to have the cream cheese in clumps.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Like a typical earthquake cake, it will fall and look like an earthquake hit it.