Recipe by Dienia B.
From very old clipping from Darlene Kossman. The cookie dough needs overnight chilling.
Top Review by awalde
We love these cookies and my son is crazy for this!
These old fashioned cookies are really worth to prepare. I cooled the dough roll only two hours but in the freezer befor cutting it. I coudn't wait!
I used my self picked nuts which are really very tasty. It's more work to open them, but the taste is superior. The result is amazing.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 3 eggs, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugars and shortening together.
- Add eggs, one at time.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla.
- Add flour with baking soda mixed inches
- Roll dough flat.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts and cinnamon.
- Roll up as for jelly-roll; wrap and chill overnight.
- Slice thin.
- Bake in 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for about 10 minutes or until done.