Recipe by looneytunesfan
It has a pretty cinnamon swirl and a hint of cardamom flavor.
Top Review by Stanley A.
Simply WONDERFUL, the best of coffee rings. I have been trying to find or duplicate a recipe that my Aunt Elizabeth used to bake many years ago. This is as good, maybe even better then hers..(Forgive me Aunt Elizabeth.) This has quickly become a family favorite. The only thing I did different was add walnuts to the filling, and a sugar glaze over it.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
- In another mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the eggs, milk, butter and vanilla.gradually add to dry ingredients, beating until combined.
- For filling, combine cottage cheese, sugar and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Spoon half of the batter into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan; top with filling and remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.