1/1 Photo of Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This the most incredible coffee cake recipe! I tried this found at recipesource.com. It's a Mrs. Fields copycat recipe. I LOVED this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°.
- 2Butter and flour the tube pan (10-inch).
- 3Make the cake: Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and cream together using the electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- 4Scrape down the bowl.
- 5Add the vanilla and eggs, 1 at a time, beating for 20 seconds after each addition.
- 6Scrape down the bowl again.
- 7In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 8Add this mixture to the butter mixture in thirds, alternating with the sour cream.
- 9Beat for 45 seconds after each addition, and begin and end with the flour mixture.
- 10Pour the batter into the prepared tube pan.
- 11Make the syrup: In a small bowl, stir together the melted butter, sugar, and cinnamon.
- 12Drizzle the syrup over the batter and with the blade of a knife or a skewer, swirl the syrup through the batter.
- 13Make the streusel: In a bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, and pecans.
- 14With a pastry cutter, cut in the butter, a few pieces at a time, until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 15Scatter the streusel over the batter in the pan.
- 16Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 17Remove the pan from the oven to a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes.
- 18Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.3
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 123.2 mg
- Sodium 114.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 35.9 g
- Protein 5.1 g