Cook1 hr 10 mins
This the most incredible coffee cake recipe! I tried this found at recipesource.com. It's a Mrs. Fields copycat recipe. I LOVED this!
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 8 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons (1 stick)
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Butter and flour the tube pan (10-inch).
- Make the cake: Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and cream together using the electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Scrape down the bowl.
- Add the vanilla and eggs, 1 at a time, beating for 20 seconds after each addition.
- Scrape down the bowl again.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add this mixture to the butter mixture in thirds, alternating with the sour cream.
- Beat for 45 seconds after each addition, and begin and end with the flour mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tube pan.
- Make the syrup: In a small bowl, stir together the melted butter, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Drizzle the syrup over the batter and with the blade of a knife or a skewer, swirl the syrup through the batter.
- Make the streusel: In a bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, and pecans.
- With a pastry cutter, cut in the butter, a few pieces at a time, until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Scatter the streusel over the batter in the pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven to a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.