Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
My favorite coffee cake. Moist, delicious and easy to make.
- 1⁄4 lb melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- Mix melted butter, 1 cup sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, eggs and vanilla well.
- Add sour cream, mix again.
- In a small separate bowl, combine cinnamon, walnuts and 1/3 cup sugar.
- Pour half of batter into greased and floured tube pan.
- Sprinkle half of the topping mixture over it.
- Add rest of batter.
- Top with remaining topping mixture.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
I tried this recipe Sunday and everyone that was able to get a piece, loved it! Thank you.
The flavor of this cake was wonderful. I "tried" to add a cream cheese layer but it just baked into the cake, so next time I will follow the instructions! Thanks for posting!