Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I’ve tested many vegan cheesecakes and came really close to the dairy form, but this is it! The flavoring and everything is just perfect! It is decadent!!! It’s probably not the best option when it comes to staying healthy, but it’s nice to know that I have an option when I get those cravings for cheesecake :)
- 17 rectangles graham crackers
- 3 tablespoons raw sugar
- 5 tablespoons vegan margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon butter flavoring
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2⁄3 cup vegan sour cream (I use toffuti)
- 3 (8 ounce) packages vegan cream cheese, at room temperature (again, toffutti)
- 1 1⁄3 cups raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons vanilla nut & butter flavoring
- 1⁄2 cup firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- reserved 3/8 c batter
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease the sides and bottom of a spring form pan. Line bottom with wax paper.
- 2. Prepare crust by melting margarine. Mix in butter flavoring and set aside.
- 3. Place graham crackers in a food processor and grind very fine. Add sugar and process for about 1 minute.
- 4. In a medium bowl combine graham cracker and butter mixtures until well incorporated. Press mixture to the bottom of the spring form pan and set aside.
- 5. Prepare batter by blending 1 package of cream cheese with 1/3 cup of the sugar and cornstarch on low for 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add remaining cream cheese, one package at at time. Scrape sides of bowl in between.
- 6. Combine remaining sugar with lemon zest. Increase speed to medium and add the lemon sugar to the cream cheese mixture. Add vanilla and scrape sides. Set aside.
- 7. In food processor/blender combine tofu and almond milk until smooth. Mix in tofu mixture into the batter on medium speed. Add in the sour cream and mix well. Scrape sides again.
- 8. Reserve 3/8 C batter for swirl mixture. Pour remaining batter into prepared pan over the crust. Set aside.
- 9. For swirl mixture take reserved batter, brown sugar, and cinnamon and combine. Mix well. Scoop tablespoons full of cinnamon mixture onto top of cheesecake. Gently press down with spoon. Use a knife tip to swirl the cinnamon. (Be sure NOT to over-swirl).
- 10. Bake for 75 minutes. Allow to cool for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 more hours. Garnish with chopped pecans and brown rice syrup (totally optional) then serve.
This is excellent! I took it into work as my birthday treat and no one guessed it wasn't "real" cheesecake. I love doing that to them... :-) But it was seriously rich and delicious. I also learned that the 17 rectangles of graham crackers means the little rectangles. The vanilla nut and butter flavoring tasted great and made the cheesecake a pale yellow. Looked great with the brown sugar and cinnamon swirl. This is definitely going in my "good enough for company" cookbook!