Recipe by anme
After many failed attempts at cinnamon swirl bread I came up with this one
Top Review by Pink Kitchenaid Lover
Great bread! Very tasty and ever so pretty. It's not too sweet or gooey which is great for a breakfast on the go. Makes a ton though, but it freezes well and tastes fantastic. Thanks for such a nice recipe!
- 3 teaspoons yeast
- 1 cup warm skim milk (or any other milks really)
- 5 tablespoons water, that is warm
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 3 1⁄2-4 cups flour (or more or less as needed)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- extra melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix both yeast and water together and proof.
- mix together sugar, butter, eggs, milk, and proofed yeast.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of flour and mix well.
- add the rest of the dough until a stiffish dough forms, cover and let rest for a few minutes then knead for about 5-10 minutes until soft.
- Cover and let rise until doubled in a greased bowl, punch down and let rise again.
- Then roll dough out into a rectangle then brush with a little bit of butter.
- Sprinkle with sugar cinnamon and nutmeg to taste then roll up jelly roll style.
- Place in a greased bread pan, or cookie tray and bake for 30-45 minutes at 375 F or until when tapped it sounds hollow.
- Cover if the top is browning too fast, when you take it out of the oven you may brush the top with extra butter to make a softer crust. Also you may freeze the cooked loaf and re heat in oven covered in foil until thawed and it taste just as good.