After many failed attempts at cinnamon swirl bread I came up with this one
Make and share this Cinnamon Swirl Bread That Actually Works! recipe from Food.com.
- Mix both yeast and water together and proof.
- mix together sugar, butter, eggs, milk, and proofed yeast.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of flour and mix well.
- add the rest of the dough until a stiffish dough forms, cover and let rest for a few minutes then knead for about 5-10 minutes until soft.
- Cover and let rise until doubled in a greased bowl, punch down and let rise again.
- Then roll dough out into a rectangle then brush with a little bit of butter.
- Sprinkle with sugar cinnamon and nutmeg to taste then roll up jelly roll style.
- Place in a greased bread pan, or cookie tray and bake for 30-45 minutes at 375 F or until when tapped it sounds hollow.
- Cover if the top is browning too fast, when you take it out of the oven you may brush the top with extra butter to make a softer crust. Also you may freeze the cooked loaf and re heat in oven covered in foil until thawed and it taste just as good.
Great bread! Very tasty and ever so pretty. It's not too sweet or gooey which is great for a breakfast on the go. Makes a ton though, but it freezes well and tastes fantastic. Thanks for such a nice recipe!
This makes a very light dough. Had no trouble rising in 30 minutes. If you're using a loaf pan, you'll need two -- no way this can fit in one pan. I used about 1/4 c. butter and 1/3 c. cinnamon/sugar mix for the two loaves. Delicious cinnamon bread!
Super yummy bread! I rose it for the first rising overnight in the fridge then rolled it out in the morning and used 1/4 c. butter, 1/4 c. brown sugar, 1 t. korintje cinnamon. It took me 1/2 c. more flour when mixing. Oohs and aaahs around the table this morning! Thank you!!