After many failed attempts at cinnamon swirl bread I came up with this one
Make and share this Cinnamon Swirl Bread That Actually Works! recipe from Food.com.
- Mix both yeast and water together and proof.
- mix together sugar, butter, eggs, milk, and proofed yeast.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of flour and mix well.
- add the rest of the dough until a stiffish dough forms, cover and let rest for a few minutes then knead for about 5-10 minutes until soft.
- Cover and let rise until doubled in a greased bowl, punch down and let rise again.
- Then roll dough out into a rectangle then brush with a little bit of butter.
- Sprinkle with sugar cinnamon and nutmeg to taste then roll up jelly roll style.
- Place in a greased bread pan, or cookie tray and bake for 30-45 minutes at 375 F or until when tapped it sounds hollow.
- Cover if the top is browning too fast, when you take it out of the oven you may brush the top with extra butter to make a softer crust. Also you may freeze the cooked loaf and re heat in oven covered in foil until thawed and it taste just as good.