Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This bread is great as is or toasted. It makes a 1 1/2 pound loaf.
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 chopped walnuts or 1⁄3 pecans, toasted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- sifted powdered sugar
- Add the bread ingredients to your machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer of your machine.
- Select dough cycle.
- When cycle is complete, remove dough, punch down, cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make filling by mixing brown sugar, nuts and cinnamon together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 14x9 inch rectangle.
- Spread with the ` tablespoon butter and sprinkle with filling.
- Starting from both short sides, roll each side into a spiral toward the center.
- Place, rolled side up into a greased 9x5 loaf pan.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until nearly doubled in size.
- Bake at 350º for about 30 minutes or until bread sounds hollow when lightly tapped.
- If necessary, lightly cover with foil during the last 10 minutes to prevent overbrowning.
- Remove from pan to cool on a wire rack.
- Before serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Just made this today and it is awesome! I can't stop eating it! I will be making this again! Thanks for a good and easy recipe!