1/1 Photo of Cinnamon Swirl Bread
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe comes from the 2008 cookbook, Taste of Home Dinner on a Dime. Preparation time does not include the 2 1/2 hours needed for the dough to rise twice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water, then add the milk, 1/2 cup of the sugar, eggs, butter, salt & 2 1/2 cups of the flour, beating until smooth. Stir in enough of the remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2Turn onto a floured surface, then knead for 6 to 8 minutes or until smooth & elastic.
- 3Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top, then cover & let rise in a warm place about 1 hour or until doubled.
- 4Grease two 9"x5" loaf pans.
- 5Punch dough down, then divide in half. Roll each half into an 18"x8" rectangle.
- 6In a small bowl, combine cinnamon & remaining 1/2 cup of sugar, then sprinkle this cinnamon mixture over the dough, before rolling each rectangle up from a short side. Pinch the seam to seal the dough.
- 7Place seam side down in the prepared loaf pans, then cover them & let rise until doubled, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 8Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F & bake the loaves for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- 9Remove from pans & cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Swirl Bread
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.5
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 18.4 mg
- Sodium 118.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 3.2 g