1/1 Photo of Cinnamon Swirl Bread
Suzanna Marie's Note:
My husband's favorite. 9x5x3 inch pan makes a mondo-big loaf. I prefer to make two smaller loaves with the one recipe, but it can be a tad involved. Big or small, this really is a nice bread with a bit of a coffee-cake texture and taste. Crispy top gives it a nice touch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream together shortening and sugar.
- 2Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- 3Blend in sour cream and milk.
- 4Combine dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture.
- 5Spread 1/2 batter in greased 9x5x3 pan.
- 6Combine cinnamon mixture (1/4 cup sugar, 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon and 1 1/2 teaspoons orange peel); sprinkle over batter, reserving 1 tablespoon.
- 7Top with remaining batter. Gently swirl with knife.
- 8Sprinkle with remaining tablespoon of cinnamon mixture.
- 9Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Swirl Bread
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.3
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 38.0 mg
- Sodium 233.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 3.4 g