1 hr 10 mins
This is an adaptation of the Basic White Bread recipe from the Instructions and Recipes booklet which came with my KitchenAid mixer. It was easy to make and baked up deliciously. You can add less, or more, of the cinnamon/suger filling mixture as your taste dictates. Another option is to brush the tops of the loaves with breaten egg white just before baking. Prep time does NOT include rising times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put milk, sugar, salt and butter in small saucepan.
- 2Heat over low heat until butter melts and sugar and salt dissolve.
- 3Cool to lukewarm.
- 4Dissolve yeast in warm water in mixer bowl.
- 5Add liquids mixture.
- 6Add 4 1/2 cups flour.
- 7Using dough hook (s) mix until well blended.
- 8Continue mixing and add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time.
- 9Mix until dough is smooth and elastic and slightly sticky.
- 10Place dough in greased bowl, turning to grease top.
- 11Cover and let rise in warm place about 1 hr, or until doubled in bulk.
- 12Punch dough down and divide in half.
- 13Roll each half into rectangle.
- 14Mix together sugar and cinnamon in small bowl.
- 15Spread each rectangle of dough with softened butter.
- 16Sprinkle with sugar/cinnamon mixture to taste.
- 17Roll rectangles up tightly and shape into loaves.
- 18Place each loaf into greased 8 1/2x4 1/2x2 1/2 inch pan.
- 19Cover and let rise in warm place about an hour or until doubled in bulk.
- 20Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 21Bake loaves for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- 22When done, remove from pans immediately and cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Swirl Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1438 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1626.3
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 48.2 mg
- Sodium 2525.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 317.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 75.9 g
- Protein 39.4 g