Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I love cinnamon and specially in cakes. Always on the look out for new variations where I can bake with cinnamon. These little goodies are awesome.
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 F Grease an 8x8" baking pan.
- Melt 2/3 cup butterin a small saucepan and let it cook until it is golden brown but not burnt.
- Set aside to cool slightly. In a baking bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another baking bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar, and stir until smooth.
- Add the eggs one at the time. then vanilla, and lemon juice and mix well. Add the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan. In a saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter for the cinnamon swirl.
- Add the sugar and cinnamon and stir to combine. Drizzle the cinnamon sauce over the blondie batter and use a butter knife to swirl it inches Don't try to do a fancy pattern; it all bakes together.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few crumbs on it. Cool completely before serving.
MMMM! The browned butter really sets these blondies apart from the rest. Chewy, buttery, cinnamony deliciousness! My only regret was not doubling the recipe, which I will most certainly do the next time I make these. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2014
I've never made Blondies before having always prefered chocolate brownies. But couldn't resist the cinnamon in these. They are so good, and the cinnamon sugar combo is just right. Browning the butter really brings out the flavor in these yummy little squares. Made for Spring PAC 2014