Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very yummy and flaky. Quick to put together. I make these on Sunday mornings for breakfast, my son loves them, so does DH. You can leave out the glaze if you want and they are still pretty good.
- 473.18 ml flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 177.44 ml buttermilk
- 118.32 ml butter (softened)
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 59.16 ml butter (melted)
- 28.39 ml cinnamon sugar
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and soda.
- Stir in oil and buttermilk and mix until blended.
- Knead dough on floured surface.
- Roll dough into 15x8-inch rectangle.
- Spread butter over the dough.
- Combine 3/4 cup sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Sprinkle mixture over butter.
- Roll dough jelly roll fashion and pinch edges shut.
- Cut roll into 1 1/2 inch slices.
- Bake in greased baking pan at 400°F 15-20 minutes until lightly browned.
- Combine melted butter with cinnamon sugar.
- Pour over biscuits while still hot in baking dish.
So easy and so tasty!
I have made this for years, except I also add brown sugar on the dough. Then I melt butter on top when they come out of the oven. Very Good!!