Recipe by JFitz
I have tried many recipes for banana bread and hands down this is my favorite. I found this online and am posting this so I know exactly where to find it.
Top Review by litlmac61
Usually add chocolate chips and coconut to my banana bread, which I had neither in my pantry. My son looked up banana bread with cinnamon and found this recipe. This is now our new go to banana bread recipe....a must try for sure! You will love it!
- 3 bananas (over ripe and mashed)
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 dash salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
For the swirl
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter and flour a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- Mix bananas, butter, sugar, egg and vanilla together. Sprinkle baking soda and salt around on top of the banana mixture. Then gently stir in flour. Be careful not to over-mix!
- In a small dish, mix together the 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Add 1/2 of the batter to the loaf pan and then sprinkle a little more then half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Add the rest of the batter and then sprinkle the leftover cinnamon-sugar mixture on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.