Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I have tried many recipes for banana bread and hands down this is my favorite. I found this online and am posting this so I know exactly where to find it.
- 3 bananas (over ripe and mashed)
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 dash salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
For the swirl
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter and flour a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- Mix bananas, butter, sugar, egg and vanilla together. Sprinkle baking soda and salt around on top of the banana mixture. Then gently stir in flour. Be careful not to over-mix!
- In a small dish, mix together the 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Add 1/2 of the batter to the loaf pan and then sprinkle a little more then half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Add the rest of the batter and then sprinkle the leftover cinnamon-sugar mixture on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.