Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great coffee cake to make and have on Christmas morning. It is so easy and the taste is out of this world.
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons fast rising yeast
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk (very warm 120-130 F)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- MIX batter ingredients together in a pre-sprayed 8x8-inch baking dish. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Combine cinnamon mixture in a small bowl by mixing with fork.
- TOP batter evenly with cinnamon mixture. Using fingers, poke topping thoroughly into batter.
- BAKE by placing in a COLD oven; set temperature to 350°F Bake 25-30 minutes, until lightly browned and firm in center. Cool 10 minutes. Combine icing ingredients and drizzle over warm cake.