Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great dessert for those trying to eat healthier or watch their weight. It tastes similar to a pumpkin pie, but it is more of the consistency of cooked sweetened squash.
- Peel the sweet potato, cut it into small cubes and place in a medium sauce pan.
- Add about 1 1/4 cups water. Cook, covered, about 15-20 minutes, or until the sweet potato is tender; drain the remaining water.
- Combine the cooked sweet potato, pumpkin, honey, milk, and cinnamon in a medium sauce pan.
- Cook over medium heat until heated through.
- Beat with an electric mixer on high or process in the blender.
- Return to saucepan and cook a few minutes longer.
- Serve warm.