Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I can't say enough about these muffins--they are just great.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, divided
- 2 1⁄2-3 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup uncooked 100% all-bran cereal
- 1 cup nonfat milk (skim)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 (2 ounce) package pecans, chips (1/2 cup)
- Preheat oven to 400°F; spray 12 (2-1/2-inch) nonstick muffin pan cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cinnamon in small bowl for topping; set aside.
- Blend cereal and milk in large bowl; set aside 5 minutes to soften. Meanwhile, combine flour, remaining sugar, remaining cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl; mix well.
- Whisk pumpkin, egg and vanilla into softened cereal. Gently fold in flour mixture just until blended. Do not overmix. Spoon equal amounts of batter into each prepared muffin cup; sprinkle evenly with pecan chips. Sprinkle with reserved cinnamon-sugar topping.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 3 minutes before removing muffins from pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.