Recipe by grandma2969
these are addictive
Top Review by andypandy
I used this recipe to make pumpkin seeds. I used only the 1/2 cup white sugar, left the brown out completely, added also a little bit of chili powder to the mix. Bakes at 325 degrees for the same amount of time, stirring often. Turns out well. Do recommend to place on a well greased cookie sheet as it gets sticky. Will use this recipe again with my adjustments. Didnt give a star rating which is well worth five, because I had adjusted the recipe.
- 1 lb pecans
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- beat water and egg white together until foamy.
- put pecans in the mixture and coat well by stirring.
- mix together sugars, salt and cinnamon.
- put the pecans in the sugar and cinnamon mixture and stir until well coated.
- place sugar coated pecans on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake at 375* for 35-45 minutes.
- stir pecans every 10-15 minutes.