Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Obesity Help. This recipe was posted by Mark L. He says he took the following recipe from a Betty Crocker cook book and changed the sugar to Splenda.
- 1 teaspoon slightly beaten egg white
- 2 cups pecan halves, unblanched almonds (or mix them for a total of 2 cups) or 2 cups walnut halves (or mix them for a total of 2 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute (you can use a little more if you want it sweeter)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Heat oven to 300 degrees
- Mix egg whites and pecan halves in medium bowl until pecans are coated and sticky
- Mix remaining ingredients and sprinkly over the pecans. Stir pecans until conpletely coated. Spread pecans in a single layer in unreased jelly roll pan 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1 inch.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until toasted. Cool completely or serve warm!