Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I've bought these nuts at flea markets & the Mall but I could never find a recipe that I liked that duplicated the flavor & consistency until I found this recipe. They are addictive!! ****If you are doubling the recipe only use 1/2-3/4 cup butter, 1 cup is too much****
- 1 lb cashews or 1 lb pecans
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites, beaten stiff
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl beat egg whites until stiff, add salt, sugar & cinnamon (mix in with mixer) then fold in the nuts, set aside.
- In rectangular baking dish put butter on it and put in oven just until it is melted.
- Pour nut mixture onto pan and bake 30 minutes, ***Caution-you must turn the nuts every 10 minutes to assure proper coating of the sugar mixture.
- They should be well coated at the end of the baking time, it will appear that the mixture is separating at times, but it is normal. The nuts are done.
- Set aside to cool completely. Put back in container the nuts came inches.
A great recipe! I agreed with the rater who suggested that 1/2 c. butter might be too much for 1 lb. of nuts. I used 1/4 c. and think it turned out just fine. Thank you for sharing!
I LOVE this recipe. Its so good that you can't stop eating. I used 2 lbs of nuts, with 1/2 cup butter, and 3 egg whites. This worked great for me. I also used 3/4 cup dark brown sugar and it was sweet enough. Big hit as gifts for the holidays!
this were perfect and so easy to make.