Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Excellent quick bread with swirls of cinnamon sugar throughout. Recipe found on the internet. This is one of my favorites!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup buttermilk (or make your own sour milk by combining 1 T white vinegar with enough milk to make one cup)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cold butter
- Combine all bread ingredients in large mixer bowl and beat for three minutes at medium speed.
- Pour batter into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon and cut in cold butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over batter and swirl lightly to marble.
- Bake at 350° for 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan immediately.
I finally did try this bread and, for me, it just did not turn out as expected. Very heavy and dense but perhaps my flour is different. Followed directions exactly as written. If I do try it again I will use the muffin method which means a lot less mixing of the dry ingredients. Sorry... for the 3 star rating.
This recipe turned out great my whole family reallly liked it!!! Thanks for the wounderful recipe.
very tasty and always seem to love your recipes!