Recipe by LonghornMama
Cleaned out the pantry and this is what I came up with. My kids love anything with cinnamon sugar and really enjoyed this.
Top Review by C's Trial Recipes
This is baking right now and it smells great also tried some before it went in and it was good too. I did a half batch and used plain Corn Chex and O cereal because it's what I had on hand and also used two cookie sheets instead of a roaster. I did have to cut back on the cinnamon a bit because we thought the sugar mix was getting a bit strong. Four stars stars since I needed to alter the seasoning but I think if you like cinnamon a lot the original would be good for you.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 15 cups Life Cereal or 15 cups cinnamon Life Cereal
- 4 cups pretzel twists or 4 cups pretzel sticks
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon (yes, tablespoons)
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried apples, chopped
- 2 cups raisins or 2 cups dried sweetened cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- In a very large bowl, combine the cereal and pretzels.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the cereal mixture with butter; toss.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture; toss well.
- Put in a large roasting pan and bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, stir in dried fruits.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.