Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 mins
From Australian Table magazine. This is good served with coconut or vanilla ice cream.
- 1 (1 1/2 kg) fresh pineapple (about 1.5 kg or 3 lbs)
- 330 g superfine sugar (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime rind
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 125 g unsalted butter, melted
- Lightly oil a barbecue plate and heat on high.
- Peel pineapple and slice into even lengths. Combine sugar, lime rind and cinnamon in a shallow dish. Pour melted butter into a seprarate shallow dish. Dip a slice of pineapple into melted butter, then coat with sugar mixture, shaking off excess.
- Cook pineapple on barbecue for 2-3 minutes each side, until golden brown.