Recipe by Demelza
I found this somewhere on the internet. It sounded worth trying. I love cinnamon & pecans. I might be tempted to add more cinnamon to this. I am just guessing at the cooking time, as you cook until it reaches the hard ball stage.
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup corn syrup (white is best for this)
- 2 lbs sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 lbs pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water, syrup & sugar in a large heavy pan.
- Cook over medium heat to firm ball stage (242F).
- Remove from heat & stir in cinnamon.
- Keep stirring till the syrup stops boiling.
- Add nuts all at one time.
- Stir untill nuts are completely separated & sugar is crystalized.
- Pour onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Cool & store in airtight container.