Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These taste just like donuts. Recipe allows recipient to make a glaze that they can dip muffins in.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix all dry ingredients and make a well in the center.
- Combine oil, egg and milk. Mix before adding to dry ingredients.
- Mix well and then fill muffin cups, regular size, 3/4 full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- For glaze: Combine all ingredients in medium bowl. When muffins are finished baking, let cool slightly and then dip in glaze and cool completely.
Overall good, but the muffins did not rise, they just kind of sunk in. The glaze was a bit much.
The taste is phenomenal! The only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is because they stuck REALLY bad and I'm not sure why. I sprayed the muffin tins really well, I didn't use liners but if I had I think they would have stuck badly to them and been quite messy still so we had to eat them by picking at them in the muffin tins LOL. I didn't use the glaze because they were great without it and already had enough sugar in them so don't think we needed anymore. I substituted whole wheat flour which I do in a lot of my baking.