- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf sourdough bread
- butter or oil
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine milk, sugar, eggs, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and salt and mix until blended.
- Cut bread into 3/4 inch slices.
- Dip in milk/egg mixture long enough to soak through.
- Place a hot skillet with the melted butter or oil and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from pan and roll in confectioners' sugar mixed with the remaining cinnamon.
- Serve with syrup and butter.