Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 10 mins
From the Aug/Sept 2004 Taste of Home. Part of a low cost meal.
- 177.44 ml butter, softened
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 78.07 ml brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 414.03 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml salt
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon and salt; Gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Shape into a 12 inch roll; wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Decorate with sprinkles.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
These were very simple and easy to make. I used chocolate sprinkles to decorate them. Not too sweet, but that was fine with me.