Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Hi! This is my first post. I really like the site and thought I might contribute, so here goes--a low calorie (depending on exactly what you use) treat that is simple and I'm sure obvious, but I love it.
- 1 1⁄4 cups quaker puffed rice cereal
- corn syrup (or mixture of Splenda and water)
- waldens farm chocolate pudding mix (no calories!)
- Measure out cereal in measuring glass.
- Pour on Splenda.
- Mix with a drop of water and stir adding Splenda till sticky and tastes sweet.
- Pour on cinnamon to taste and mix.
- Spread into microwave safe dish-not too thin.
- Cook till hard.
- Break into pieces, dip in chocolate.
- Put on wax paper and freeze.
I really liked this recipe, I used Kix and it was a great way to use up some stale cereal. However, I had NO idea how much splenda to use, or how long to cook it. Rough estimates would have been very helpful. I ended up cooking it for 2 mins, which was too long b/c it got big burn spots on it. Other than that it was very good, though.
very tasty. used all organic ingredients; omitted the cinnamon and used the corn syrup rather than the splenda.