A different twist to another recipe I have posted for Cinnamon Tortilla Chips. These are lightly fried and have a crispy puff-pastry-like texture, and once sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar they turn into a delicate sweet treat. Eat them on their own or use them to scoop up mouthfuls of your favorite ice cream. For a slacker solution to these chips, toss 7 ounces of store-bought corn tortilla chips with 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet. Warm in a 350°F oven for 5 minutes and serve.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- 2Heat oil in a large frying pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering but not smoking or 350°F on a deep-frying thermometer, about 8 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with paper towels and set aside.
- 4Once oil is hot, add a handful of tortilla wedges, being careful not to crowd them, and fry until golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- 5Remove chips with a slotted spoon to the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with generous amounts of cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- 6Repeat with remaining tortillas. (Check the oil temperature in between batches and adjust heat accordingly.)
- 7Sprinkle any remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture over chips and serve.
- 8Can be stored in an air tight container for up to 7 days.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon-Sugar Chips
Serving Size: 1 (1036 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.9
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 44.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 0.5 g