Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
A different twist to another recipe I have posted for Cinnamon Tortilla Chips. These are lightly fried and have a crispy puff-pastry-like texture, and once sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar they turn into a delicate sweet treat. Eat them on their own or use them to scoop up mouthfuls of your favorite ice cream. For a slacker solution to these chips, toss 7 ounces of store-bought corn tortilla chips with 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet. Warm in a 350°F oven for 5 minutes and serve.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering but not smoking or 350°F on a deep-frying thermometer, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with paper towels and set aside.
- Once oil is hot, add a handful of tortilla wedges, being careful not to crowd them, and fry until golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Remove chips with a slotted spoon to the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with generous amounts of cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas. (Check the oil temperature in between batches and adjust heat accordingly.)
- Sprinkle any remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture over chips and serve.
- Can be stored in an air tight container for up to 7 days.